Update on COVID-19: May 26, 2020
The safety and well-being of our guests are the main priorities of “Porta Azul Guesthouse”.
Inspired by the purpose of “Porta Azul” – taking care of people so that they can enjoy the best – and in response to the dynamic situation of COVID-19, we share some of the actions that we have implemented to give more flexibility and security to your next visit.
We will not charge a change or cancellation fee.
Guided by our mission of taking care of our guests, we temporarily adjust the policies, so that there is flexibility to decide on your trips during this period:
Bookings made for travel until June 30, 2020:
All reservations (made before April 1, inclusive) for arrivals until June 30, 2020, can be changed or cancelled without charge, up to 24 hours before the estimated arrival time. This includes reservations made using the advance purchase rate.
New reservations for any future travel:
Bookings made between April 2 and June 30, 2020 – for any future arrival date in 2020 – may be changed or cancelled without charge, up to 24 hours before the expected arrival. This includes bookings made using the advance purchase rate and are non-refundable.
Guests with these prepaid reservations who choose not to travel in 2020 can, up to 24 hours before their arrival forecast, choose to receive a Voucher in exchange for their stay or receive a refund.
Reservations can be changed or cancelled up to 24 hours before your arrival, by sending an email to: email@example.com.
Trust and Security.
Providing clean and safe spaces for our guests and employees is a priority of “Porta Azul”. We remain committed to maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and we want you to have no worries during your stay, making sure that you will receive the quality you expect from “Porta Azul”.
“Porta Azul2 proudly presents its Commitment to Care and Cleaning, focused on the safety and well-being of employees and guests, during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. The commitment includes certification plans for hygiene and health in hotels and hygiene specialists, as well as a working group formed, favouring hygiene by Ozone Generators.
Detailed guidance was given and implemented on COVID-19 and on methods for preventing the transmission of the virus (including the installation of alcohol gel dispensers and frequent cleaning of surfaces), as well as procedures in case of suspicion or confirmation of infection of one of our guests or employees.
Our goal is to ensure safe stays, done responsibly. We remain alert and follow the protocols developed in line with the recommendations and information released by the World Health Organization (WHO), General Directorate of Health (DGS) and Turismo de Portugal (Clean & Safe).
Our conditions and the measures we take:
– Public spaces sanitized frequently.
– Minimum physical contact possible with staff and other visitors.
– Low population density inside the house that favors distancing.
– Physical distance, but emotional closeness available by telephone contact; Whatsapp.
– Temperature measurement of employees and customers.
– Alcohol-based solution dispensers generously and strategically distributed throughout the house.
– Outdoor garden available to customers, complying with the distance rules and respiratory etiquette.
– Mandatory use of a mask in the public spaces of “Porta Azul”.
– Check-in and Check-out facilities, we have implemented self-check-in and self-check-out rules, we request that: Customer data be made available in advance of the arrival date; access code on the “Blue Door”; key in the bedroom door; distancing in the reception area, depositing the key at check-out.
– Good ventilation and air renewal of spaces; we don’t have air conditioning, which increases security.
– Capacity of spaces reduced, ensuring compliance with legislation.
– Strict and regularly supervised cleaning and disinfection protocols; use of ozone generators and water aspirators.
– Information available to the customer about Covid-19.
– Cleaning of rooms only at check-out for stays up to 72 hours, but with provision for changing towels (we give the bag and collect the bag).
– Dry and moist carpet at the entrance.
– Disinfection of bags, with Ozone Generator.
We came back, with physical distance, but always close.
We are prepared to receive you complying with all established rules.
This is our home and we take all measures for us and for you so that we are all safe.
We remain committed to preparing everything to provide you with unforgettable moments.
So, you can have a picnic in our intimate garden of Camellias, and delight in the delicacies, prepared by us especially for you.
As a rule, breakfast is served in the room, with local delicacies, also prepared especially for you.
You also have the possibility to order and enjoy intimate meals in your room or in the garden.
“Porta Azul” thanks you for your support and loyalty. We will continue to send updates and make ours your home.
See you soon!
We want those who visit us to feel, at the very least, that they are at home away from home.